Welcome to Who Is Theodore Us?
This blog will in no way attempt to answer this question but instead chronicle my time spent wargaming and painting.

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Making Asteroids part 3

Today my packet of flying bases arrived, so having prepped some lessons I took to the workbench. The flying bases are the hexagonal based type with a clear pin you insert.


The first job is to cut off the little tab at the end of the stand, and then to drill down with a pin vice to a depth of about 4-5mm.

I then clipped the ends off a load of dressmakers' pins and glued them into the stands. I wouldn't want to stand on these by mistake!


Finally it was just a case of applying some superglue to the pins and stabbing each asteroid. Et voila:

                            You're not actually going into an asteroid field are you?

Fear not LOTR fans, normal service will resume soon, although the next two weekends look like being painting free zones. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment